Apple’s Word Wide Developer Conference starts tomorrow and we can all expect a bunch of updates to Apple’s operating systems and, if we’re lucky, some new hardware. In no particular order, here are some things I want updated in iOS applications and, ideally, that developers could hook into as well.
- The ability to search photos by different cameras and/or focal lengths
- The ability to select a point on a photo to set the white point for exposure balancing when editing photos
- Better/faster sync across devices
- Enable ability to edit geolocation
- Enable tags in photos
- Working (virtual) spirit level!
- Set burst mode to activate by holding the shutter button; this was how things used to be and I want the option to go back to the way things were!
- Advanced metering modes, such as the ability to set center, multi-zone, spot, and expose for highlights!
- Set and forget auto-focus points in the frame; not focus lock, but focus zones
- Zone focusing
- Ability to collaborate on a guide
- Option to select who’s restaurant data is running underneath the app (I never will install Yelp which is the current app linked in Maps)
- Ability to collaborate on a playlist
- Have multiple libraries: I want one ‘primary’ or ‘all albums’ and others with selected albums. I do not want to just make playlists
- Speed up sync across shared reminders; this matters for things like shared grocery shopping! 1
- Integrate reminders’ date/time in calendar, as well as with whom reminders are shared
- Emoji reactions
- Integration with Giphy!
- When I block a publication actually block it instead of giving me the option to see stories from publications I’ve blocked
- It’d be great to see News updated so I can add my own RSS feeds
- Need ability to have off days; when sick or travelling or something it can be impossible to maintain streaks which is incredibly frustrating if you regularly live a semi-active life
- Show long-term data (e.g. year vs year vs year) in a user friendly way; currently this requires third-party apps and should be default and native
Of course, I’d also love to see Apple announce a new MacBook Air. I need a new laptop but don’t want to get one that’s about to be deprecated and just don’t need the power of the MacBook Pro line. Here’s hoping Apple makes this announcement next week!
- In general I want iCloud to sync things a hella lot faster! ↩︎